Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Day in Ghana

So, So, So. I've pretty much reached the half-way point of my study abroad experience. I was thinking today about this whole blog thingy. I really really really regret not bringing Mahogany [my macintosh computer]. Like, I know for sure that if she was here then my fun level would be upgraded by like a million. For one, I'd be able to play my music out loud and upload my pictures quickly. Also, there's the dvd thing and I'd be writing more. Ugh, such a bad decision to leave it.


And to think, I let them get me on the whole it's unsafe thing. Never again.



Hmm...so, yeah. I was thinking about this whole blog thingy when I realized that I haven't really documented my routine. This is what a typical week here in Ghana consists of:

Friday: Leave University of Ghana campus early for weekend trip. Get to destination, eat, go on a tour. Head back to guest center. Chillax w/ the crew. Drink. Sleep.


Saturday: Wake up relatively early to start the day in the new city. Tour. Memorial. Eat. Eat. Eat. Walk. Walk. Walk. Drink. Drink. Drink. Sleep.


Sunday: Head back to Accra. Find something to do for the rest of the day...[usually ends up being us at Bounjour eating/drinking].

Monday: Rest day. Hang out. Read. Do whatever it is that we want...beach, walk, run, etc.

Tuesday: Class 10-12. Lunch 12-2. Class 2-4. Then, usually I rest then run then eat then hang out/drink.

Wednesday: Same as Tuesday.

Thursday: Class 10-12 then free for the rest of the day. Usually, I go to the market or shopping or something. Thursday night there's usually a number of clubs that are visited and much drinking.

Disclaimer: On weekends when we don't go out of town there is also much clubbing/drinking.


So, that is what a typical week looks like here in Ghana. Obviously nothing is set in stone and things change on like an hourly basis. But, for the most part things are pretty laid back and fun.



Power.

No comments: